Wednesday, January 11, 2012

CRCRC Winter Midwest Championship Race

Like hundreds of other racers from around the country, Method's John Wegener has been preparing for the annual 2012 CRCRC Winter Midwest Championship race for weeks. Here's a report from John today as he finalizes preparations on his Hellcat bodied Losi XXX-SCT and Losi SCTE short course trucks and gets ready to head to the Ohio RC Factory in Jeffersonville, Ohio.

I must say that going into this race in Ohio, far from home I might add, has me a bit anxious!  I have gone through the trucks with a fine tooth comb to prepare and repair from last Saturday's  race.  I've never attended a race of this caliber, but I know I'm going to have a blast.  I do wonder constantly if I've crossed all the t's and dotted all the i's.  We shall see!  I have many friends attending this race and have recieved reports about tires, power settings, etc.  Looks like we have the right tires for the surface there.  Trucks are ready to go now so I'm working on changing the paint scheme on the Hellcat bodies; gotta look good and run smooth!  So at this point things are looking great!



Qualifying is this Friday and Saturday, January 13th and 14th, and the Mains are on Sunday. LiveRC will be carrying the racing action live so be sure to tune it to catch all the action!

No comments:

Post a Comment